Interested in becoming a volunteer member of
the Youthspace Volunteer Community??
Are you a good listener who wants to make a difference?
We're looking for people with a passion for helping others to support youth in our online Chat!
Our Community Volunteers:
- are empathetic, compassionate, and non-judgmental.
- able to remain calm in highly stressful situations.
- commit to an extensive 40 hour in-person training program in Victoria BC.
- commit to one year of volunteer service. The volunteer commitment consists of 140 hrs supporting users online.
- must live in the Greater Victoria area for the duration of your volunteer commitment.
- must be 17 yrs old by the first day of Training. If you are under 19 yrs old, we require permission from your parent or guardian.
- must be willing to submit to a Criminal Record Check and a Vulnerable Sector search.
- Our next Training Group will begin on March 7th, 2015. THIS GROUP IS NOW FULL.
- Applications for the October 2015 Group will go online at the start of May 2015.
- If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.